Thursday, February 15, 2007

february love

i stopped blogging (i.e., recording my experiences) roughly a month ago, because of two reasons. one was because of this boy who made me realize how transient things truly are (and who i don't want to talk about any further), and the other one was because i rediscovered a long forgotten passion.

i've been writing poetry since highschool, as i remember. my poems are garbage, of course, but they've always liberated me in one way or another. i found many disposable, (but) valued little details in my life - details that can easily get erased in highly-edited blog posts - recyclable and recycled in my poems.

poems were my personal, handy mementos of an otherwise would-be forgotten past, way before the blog thing arrived. i traded it off for the latter, obviously, for a couple of years.

but now, i'm back, and it feels so damn good. i'm back to believing that there's nothing better than creating absolutely crappy poetry.

and it's funky to add that this rekindling started just a couple of weeks ago, just this february. probably, this is a sour love life transformed: devoid of men, i retorted by resorting to my poems for a cuddle.

now, before the introduction becomes four times longer than the main deal, i present to you, one of my poems:

panandalian
(para kay j.)

tulog ang talinhaga
dito sa madilim na parte
ng paslit na pagnanasa. iisa lamang
ang kahulugan ng nakapatong
na kamay ko sa nahihiyang dulo
ng hita mo, o ng kaunting pisil sa iyong akbay.
subukan man nating gawing metaporikal
ang bawat galaw, pareho nating alam
na paghalik ang paghalik mo sa aking kamay.
na kapag sinabi kong mahal kita,
susuklian mo ng mahal mo din ako,
at wagas tayong magmamahalan habang buhay
ang tagay ng beer.

3 comments:

. said...

Gaya mo, I started writing poems muna before I learned how to write essays. Sometimes you may find it fascinating that when you can't express your feelings in paragraph's you tend to write it in lines. Siguro ganun talaga pag nauna ka naging poet. =)

Dabo said...

akala ko nung una.."my poems are garbage...i found many disposable, (but) valued little details in my life - details that can easily get erased in highly-edited blog posts - recyclable and recycled in my poems."
"..kala ko magiging consistent ka ah

pero reading further "but now, i'm back, and it feels so damn good"

sigh. buti na lang.

sabi nung isang author sa amateur writing site "poetry is from the soul.Who are we to judge anyones soul? It is neither right, nor wrong. Even “the dog sat on a frog” could have some otherworldly representation behind it.-silence_rains"

hindi diba. tama yung isang comment, kung di kaya ng paragraph, write it in lines. may advantage ang poetry over prose

cheers!

ie said...

i am uncertain whether my post was consistent or not for you. anyway, if ever you found my post or me inconsistent, then i would like to thank you. i sometimes fancy myself as inconsistent also. :)