Thursday, March 8, 2007

framed by the neon lights

You don't look as if you get tired of breaking your heart over and over again.

Never once I've seen your soul severed. You've followed all the instructions of love, you've waited too long, and no tear was cried yet all your chances—none of them spared you from what should be a sincere devastation. I don't think it's funny to find you and myself in the same crossroad together.

You look at me as if you can read minds and tell me how you felt the same way for me; the only difference is that I have broken doors of steel, that I've have fight with time and drained my eyes.

I never like you in an instant though everyone said you're handsome most of the them find you disarming. I guess I'm not going to like you anyway.

You are sands in my palms and for another time I'll blame myself. This is my pathetic circumstance that I'm no good in evolving emotionally. I never like you but I never despise you. But now, I hate myself because of how I can speak how lovely you are tonight and I am attracted in glances you make but I believe the alcohol is taking the best of me.

Let's stay this way.

I know we've met and seen each other countless of times and still no names are exchange until now. Just the two strangers in the neon lights with expressionless faces that smile, laugh, frown, and occasional sigh.

(Between these silent spaces of our conversation we scour the room for traces that may belong to us and maybe will connect us as if we have known each other in some other time. Until we consciously realize we're staring in each other's eyes, exhausted and breathing deeply against each other's air. )

The night has grown darker and the people around responded well to the escalating temperature. But not for the two us, we may not be as innocent to look at but our hearts can be as unaffected it can be because there is much more of a strong force that unusually binds us everytime we are together across this crowded room. We suffer along and that is true coz these we're not lies and we are not living in lies.

And this is how we apply what we learn in life—to play the game and be insensitive at the same time…but I don't think I'll last any longer.


P.S.

Tomorrow is another night. I haven't drunk enough and so you are. I would surely like to know your name before we say goodnight this time.

No comments: